Wednesday, June 10, 2015

LITTLE ROCK - 2015

Well; after a long furlow, I'm going to try to begin blogging again:  Mainly because this latest Tim trip was one to remember always! When the dates came out, I ''marked'' Little Rock as a DEFINITE! Inside; 3.5 hrs from The Mapdot; loves living there... loves close, so they could come; etc.. AND it was first show of the Tour... A first too! 

So; I counted the days... We got tickets... was thrilled that there'd be 18 of us, The Posse', there...  Melanie & Allie - Jill & Brynten - Cathy and her mom - Sammie - Lesa; her 2 girls and son-in-law - Sylvia, Oscar & Steven and Dwayne, Andrea & Cameron...Sad cause Bad Brandy & Josie couldn't come, tho>

I planned on taking off early on the Thursday, to spend some time with one of my ''big babies'', Amy and her family...  Hadn't been able to love on new grand, Ainsley, yet; so was ready to... Love her girls... Annika & Ashlynn SO much.... Her husband, Darin, cooked supper and it was nice to visit and love on them... Enjoyed it...

 Got up Friday morning and headed to our motel... Cathy & her mom had gotten in on Thursday evening; so I went on to visit with them until everyone else arrived... Some were meeting us at motel; some were meeting downtown, so we could decide what our afternoon plans were.. When I got there, we saw a bus in the parking lot... Not knowing if it was Tim's guys or one of the opening acts. We just kinda hung out in the lobby.. visiting; hugging; laughing... 

I went on an ''errand'' and when I came back to the lobby, there was my Deano - Tim's longtime fiddle/mandolin player  and New Billy - Tim's new keyboardist/accordianist...I call him NEW Billy, since the old Billy is a nutcase... I had been messaging with him via Facebook, but had never met him before... 

Will backtrack a little bit about the band: As most of you Tim peops know,  there were changes a couple of years back... I will be honest...It broke my heart... Those DHD had been a part of my life for 20 years... The first tour without them was the  Turtle tour ( Chesney )... I saw the show twice and cried both times... NOTHING against the new guys... just missing the old ones...  for the past couple years, I had been wanting to meet the new guys and begin to get to know them... I had the chance to FINALLY meet Adam, new guitarist, in Knoxville last yr...  But hadn't had the chance to meet the others...  I had visited with Deano after that show..and admitted that that I'd cried after... Not necessarily that it was Adam - even though... I had been ''crushin'' on him... but the fact that it began the ''new era''; as Deano put it... So, I looked forward to meeting the others and loving on them!

OK: back to Little Rock: Cathy had said that she had told Deano that I would be back in a minute...so, he told Shawn, the new drummer, that he needed to wait on Carm: And New Billy said the same: That we had been trying to meet up: So, when I came back... My heart was full... It's ALWAYS a treat to hug Deano... He's been one of my special ones for a long time... And to FINALLY get to squeeze New Billy in person, meant alot.. He was as sweet as he had been in our messaging.. He thought I lived in Nashville; but I told him no... I lived in The Mapdot... he said: So, you just travel all over for shows? I said: Yep..If it's within driving distance, I'm there! LoL... Was so nice to visit a little and I kept huggin him; ha...

 I went over to Shawn to introduce myself...I'm sure he was wondering who this old, sappy, lady was... I told him that I had known Tim for 30 years and had been looking forward to meeting the new guys... I hugged him a few times, too... Hopefully, I didn't scare him off: HA> They were getting ready to head out for a little while, and Bob, who's been with Tim over 20 years, came in... He has always been so kind and sweet to me..He told Billy to get outta the way, he needed to hug me: HA.. He said he'd be back around..so, we let them get on their way... So, ''timing is everything'', as ''Beau'' sang in Country Strong... I had NEVER been at the same hotel as the guys in all the time Tim's been on the road...

Cathy, her mom & I continued to chat and visit and wait on Jill & Brynten to get there... I did see a couple of the other new guys... Hairdo Guy - that I call him.. Dave  - guitarist and Paul - the bass player; who had toured with Faith...I didn't go up to introduce myself; because yall know I'm a chicken about that... They probably would've thought I was a stalker.. If it was meant to meet them, it would happen:   Denny , steel player/guitarist/long time DHD, walked out before I saw him; so missed hugging him this time... :( - Bob came back and we visited some..always good to chat with him.. took a pic and he headed on to the bus..

Well! We decided we'd walk over to the venue to get our tickets...... After another errand, I was walking back to the lobby and saw Deano again!  We were chatting and I told him I'd seen Paul & Dave; but didn't go up to them... he said: How are they going to know you, if you don't? Well... ok..


I heard this whistling behind us... wooooooo;woooooooooo... several times... I didn't look around; cause I knew no one was whistling at me.. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Deano said: There's Adam! (I've already deemed him my new boyfriend).. He sqoze me up...I said: Well... I'm SO glad to see you...I'd seen everyone else and was hoping I'd run into you... He was so sweet to me in Knoxville... To kinda backtrack on him: In 2005, I think;  Big & Rich toured with Tim...  I'm not a B & R fan; so I had to find someone to focus on while they were onstage... They also had nekked girls painting; so I found Adam... So, for 10 years, he's been on my ''radar''..and when I found out Tim had hired him, I smiled...  When we met in Knoxville, I told him that... " Funny  how things work out''..YES... SO; it was awesome to see him again.. We posed for pics and were getting ready to ''let them go''.. And Paul walks up.. Deano said> There's Paul.. so, I introduced myself to him..and he graciously posed for a pic w/Adam & I...  So, like I said..Timing is everything! I look forward to getting to know these guys... and I will  NEVER forget the DHD; except Billy...and they will always have a place in my heart, but these ''newbies'' will have a place, as well...I told Adam & Billy that I hoped I wasn't making them uncomfortable or bugging them...but I DO get attached and love to ''love' and hug''.

So; after I gathered myself from those hugs, Jill & Brynten got to the motel... We loaded up and went to catch the trolley to head downtown to meet up with the others and find a place to eat... Was nice to ride in air-condition and see some of the Little Rock sites... Everyone finally arrived and we found a Mexican - imagine that - restaurant to eat at..>Juanita's.. Ordered cheese dip of course and cheese enchiladas... Enjoyed visiting; hugging; taking pics with everyone...  Lesa had brought a selfie stick; so her daughter, Abby, was our photographer for our group stuff...  We got full; then headed back to our motels to get ''purty''.

 I NEVER wear white; but decided to for this show...  I' know; I know.. where was the purple? Actually, I didn't wear any this trip! :p - The doors opened at 5:30 and after some confusion with how to get in with no tickets; just paperwork and credit card, we all got in and found our seats... Before we went in, we saw some other "zoners''..Sheila; Kristie; Lori & Matt; Susan and her husband, Brian.. Hugged them and went to chillax b4 that cowboy came on!

 Tim's mom, Betty and some of her family/friends were there..so hugged them..chatted a few..and with some friends from Start who'd made the trip in their orange Start shirts...  

I had already decided that I wanted to hear Chase Bryant..the young man who was the opening act. I admire him for supporting Tim and going to CT to do a show to honor the victims from the Sandy Hook Tragedy.. there has been SO much UNNECESSARY backlash for this.. He was awesome.. Very energetic...I look forward to seeing how he does... The other opener, Billy Currington, is not one of my favs...I have never really been a fan of HIM: but do like some of his songs... He backed out of the CT show; because he couldn't take the backlash...so; I lost what LITTLE I had for him then...  I left the arena for part of his set... but came back to sit and rest these old legs..... He did put on good, energetic show... getting the crowd ready for my ''friend , a friend would like to have''..

I always look forward to seeing what songs make the cut in a new tour setlist... Always hoping "Mapdot - Where the Green Grass Grows'' does.. and seeing how the stage is setup; etc... I never care about seeing a setlist before; I like to be surprised... 

Cathy, her mom & I were 8 rows back on the floor on the right side of the stage..Sammie right in front of us.... The lights began and the atmosphere changed.. Screams everywhere..It still makes me proud and sappy when I hear how he is received... The guys came out... and Deano & Bob were in their usual positions..on my side.. New Billy, who had been on their side in the past couple yrs, was on the other side...but he plays the accordian in Mexicoma, so I had told him to look for me when he was out from behind the keyboard... Adam, which I already knew, was on the opposite side; so I told him when he was roaming, to look for me; ha... Denny & Paul on the far side too and "hairdo'' guy on same side as Deano & Bob... Shawn in the center ... but the guitarists roam the stage some; like always... Then; just non-chalantly - Tim comes from the side... WOW! Chills from the screams and love he received...

He began with Truck Yeah and sang several more... Then I hear the beginning chords to "let it go'' from an older album... As some of you know, that has been my theme lately...  I have the license plate with it on it in my back car window...There has been alot of change in my life and I have finally accepted the changes and have done my best to ''let it go''..Just to focus on those who ARE in my life and not worry about those who aren't... it's their loss... So, I did tear up when he was singing that one!

 He mixed oldies; newsies... brought back some that he hadn't done in awhile...  And yes; Mapdot DID make the cut...  There had been some changes to the pre-show stuff this yr... Not a preparty; but the chance for fans to be onstage with him for a couple of songs... I noticed the ''penalty box'' on the far side of the stage... I figured the fans were the first group there...then he mentioned some radio people and who I guessed were the family of the soldier who'd received the house were in there...

To backtrack on that: For the past few tours, Tim and other sponsors have been giving a home away to a veteran who'd returned home.. he's done this for EVERY city he's toured in... SO proud of him and the way he supports those he believes in... I've been blessed to have met a couple of the recipients.. 

A few songs into the set, Mary, Betty's friend, came to me in my seat... Scared me, because I thought something had happened to Betty... She said: Tim & Betty want you onstage! What????????????? - No... I'm going back to my seat: She grabbed me and here we went...  Across the arena, up the steps..spoke quickly to one of Tim's security, Kevin, and there I was... in the penalty box; onstage~ This has never happened in 25 yrs of going to shows... Betty, Her brother, her sister-in-law, her friend and the main sponsor of  The Tug Foundation Benefit stuff and others were there...I hid behind Uncle Johnny... but it was awesome to be up there... I sang along and was enjoying the show from a VERY different angle... Tried to catch Adam's eye, since I was on his side; but never did... Then!~

Tim is singing I Like it , I Love It.. going all over the staging... Points to Betty for the line.."mama & daddy'' tried to teach me courtesy...Then he spots me.. points..sings a little more..then I hear..."Hey, Carm!"...and he comes over to the box... pulls me forward and hops onto the box and hugs me... almost falling....this boy... he has always relished ''getting me'' and making me blush/smile.. Well, he did it good this time...  So, another special and unplanned memory for me...I got to stay up there the rest of the show; until the last song... 

Before he sang, Mexicoma, he pointed again and said: For Carmen Gonzales - MEXI - is my heritage of course...  This treat for me was so awesome and very special for me... Before he began Live Like You Were Dying, the last song, Betty told us to head on down... So, after hugging one of his assistants, Jamie and hugging Kevin again; telling them I'd see them in Birmingham, I went to the floor and found some of my group and stood there with Abby, Susan & Brian for LLYWD... Cried of course... as I always do for this song... remembering my mother and those other special friends I had lost... Judith; Debbie... Finally, caught Adam's eye and got a smile and a ''hey, baby''...  And it was over... NEVER long enough; but ALWAYS enjoyable....

Another memory-filled night with my ''old friend''.. A great -first-first tour stop!!!

We all found each other and headed off to meet up at a pub for snacks and hydration.... The only thing they were serving were burgers; so got one w/Pepperjack - imagine that?- cheese.. Yummo... We knew that we wouldn't see all of the group the next morning; so goodbyes were said...hugs were sqoze and love was shown!  Got back to the motel and as always, was wound up...so kept Melanie & Allie awake, chattering> about ''one of those nights''..

The next morning, some of us met up at our hotel for breakfast and more hugs... As this trip was drawing to a close, my heart was so full... for the group I was with for most of the trip...and to those I saw at the show... friends; Tim's family, who have always treated me so kindly and accepted me as an honorary Dagostino/Smith...  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend; except if Brandy was able to make it... or of Mama was there in person... She was there in spirit; I know it...as she has been since she left me... She loved him SO much and was SO proud of him..not only for his professional accomplishments; but mostly for the person, husband, father, he is... I always say that she would've traded me in a heartbeat for him...lol...

As I started home, the tears began... Shockingly, I did ''good'' and wasn't too sappy... I' told the band guys that I was a sap and my Posse' know, of course... will remember these times always and cherish them... I look forward to Birmingham, which is my next planned show..and those I will get to be with there in August....outside....lol... But; I'll make it! THIS time , I AM on Adam's side; thanks to Sue~

So, I hope you could follow this review... and I will do my best to continue to blog more often... Yall know I always have LOTS to say... Love and hugs and til then... Remember Me..




 

4 comments:

  1. Great memories made with great friends! Tim showed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us. It's been too long since I have been able attend his concert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us. It's been too long since I have been able attend his concert.

    ReplyDelete