Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Carm's 3 Shows in 3 States Trip - Stop 1

Well; here goes: First Show of Three in 3 States: 

When Tim's dates came out, I decided I'd do Birmingham, AL... To go with some friends who couldn't make it to Little Rock in  June...Sue and The Childrees.. I knew about Nashville, but hadn't  planned on going... Then Southaven, MS, was added and decided to do that one with Melanie; Allie & Sammie , Tammy - Lesa's cousin and Abby's friend, Madison who was added later...So, went ahead and planned on Nashville to spend time with Terri &; Sue again:  And Deb & Holly and some other ''sane'' people that I was looking forward to seeing:  Phil, Stephanie & Christin decided to do Nash too... Lesa & Abby would be my ''shotgun riders'' for all 3... Well ACTUALLY, I was the rider...  So, this would be my first back to back to back in 3 different states!

 I decided to take off on Wednesday... went by to hug on  my Fox's dayshifterz and get a bite to eat, then headed to Jackson, TN, to spend night w/Lesa &; Abby... Met up with Carly & Jake for Mex; so was glad to squeeze them: 

Lesa & Abby had work &; school on Thursday, so I left to go on to Southaven, MS, to hook up with Sammie, her mom & sister.. We did a little shopping...I actually found a top to wear that night... Then had lunch at Huey's.. famous for their burgers; but I got a Club samich... We also tried the fried pickles; which were yummo... Melanie came by to hug before she went to the venue to get in line.. She had pit... and Abby was going to be with her there... that's how her palette, Madison, got to come..was to use the other ticket.. 

We went back to Sammie's hotel to get purty; then headed to the venue... Outside...but actually,  it wasn't too bad.. except for the dust...  Had a nice breeze and it wasn't as humid as I thought it'd be..We chillaxed and watched people a little while, before heading into our seats.. Allie &; I had 6th row behind the pit; so I texted Tim to tell him where I'd be... Chase Bryant , who I TRULY enjoyed in Little Rock, ROCKED it out....I really enjoyed his set again... Before Billy Currington came out, our section started to fill up with PIKE guys... Tim's fraternity when he went to NLU... I asked one if he knew they were there and he said yes...  So, I texted him again and said.. Well, I'm a PIKE gal tonite... I'm right in the middle of them: 

I'm not a Billy Currington fan, so went to ''freshen up'' before Tim, etc... Allie stayed to watch... I had seat 1 and she had seat 6; so I told her if the people on our row came while I was gone to ask if she could sit by me and them move down a seat... When I got back, she was in her #6... So, I told the people that I'd move down to seat 5 to be with her... The Pikes had been nice enough to tell her that she could sit on the end of their row ahead of us, so she did while Currington was on.. Well, after he was done, I moved back to my #1 seat so I could be on the end... The hoochie girlfriend of the Pike who was in our row gave me a ''you know what'' look..I said,, 'Well, honey .. it IS my seat".. and Tim is the reason I'm here, so.... Tho't I was gonna have to beat her up; but she went on ..

The music began and the lights went out... My band guys walked out; then here came Tim... in a shirt that had the PIKE symbol on it... and there was a PIKE sign behind him... The place went cray-cray...It still gives me chills to hear how he is received..Makes me SO proud! He began with "Truck Yeah'' and went on and on and on.. For almost 2 hrs...  During "Southern Girl'', he spotted me; gave me a point... I also got the  Mapdot point in "Where the Green Grass Grows''... After he sang "Just to See You Smile'', he asked me how old I was when THAT one came out.. Somehow, he always seems to be able to spot me..whether he knows the area or not... The PIKES were surprisingly pretty calm and they got their PIKE Love too... ... I SO enjoyed being with Allie....She's one of my special loves...Thien,  Tim's photographer/videographer on tour/ etc.. came down to take pics behind the pit.. I stopped him on his way back up to squeeze him.. he and all of Tim's crew are always so sweet to me... The show was AWESOME.. The guys were rockin/countryin' and Tim sounded great!! It was over much too early; but I was looking forward to 2 more:

After Tim's set, Chase Bryant,  did a  meet/greet , so Abby wanted to meet him.. He's a doll-baby from TX...just starting out... His hit is "Take it on Back".. Well, us old ladies decided we'd meet him too.. Some of us had been starving, so we got us a foot-long corndog after the show... Lesa was still snacking on hers...I went up to him and said.."Are you up for an old lady hug?" He grinned and said.."I love old lady hugs". and sqoze me up tight... I had been wanting to meet him to thank him for supporting Tim and the Sandy Hook Benefit in CT in July... There was alot of flack about it and Currington wimped out..(not surprisingly); but Chase did the show... I would find out later that his ''people''  had encouraged him to back out too; but he said that he had always looked up to Tim and that he trusted his decisions.. So, he was going to support the cause and Tim by doing the show... I told him that I had known Tim for over 30 years and I SO appreciated his support... I said, "Those that will remain nameless, who wimped out, went to the bottom of my list pretty quickly"..He sqoze me again and said.. "I wouldn't have not done the show..it was a good cause and I DO support Tim''.. We took a pic and the other ''ladies'' got their turn.. Sammie was still holding Lesa's corndog; so when she went up to him, he took and held the dog in the pic... We laughed SO hard about that then and throughout the weekend..He was a great sport with us ''old ladies'' and Abby-Doo.. She even got to kiss him on the cheek! We told him that we'd see him again the next 2 nights:

We all went our separate ways... With dust on our cars and sleep in our eyes, the others went on and Lesa/Abby &; I headed back to Jackson to spend night and get ready for B'ham on Friday morn!

No comments:

Post a Comment